It's island time! Nikita is a cocktail famous on the Portuguese island of Madeira. Created in a tavern by a Brazillian immigrant in the beautiful seaside town of Camara de Lobos, Madeira in the 1980's. It was rumoured that it was named after the song Nikita by Elton John that was released around the same time. Today you can enjoy Nikita all over the island blended with many different local fruits including passionfruit and strawberry in both alcoholic and non-alcoholic forms. Our Nikita candle is a take on the original non-alcoholic pineapple based version. Sweet fresh pineapple, creamy vanilla icecream and just a hint of sugar to keep it from being too tart. In one word - delicious!
This scent is a personal favourite of mine and particularly close to my heart. As my husband is Madeiran and my son half Aussie, half Madeiran I have a real heartfelt Saudade for this breathtaking part of the world and our beautiful Portuguese family in Camara de lobos.
Sign up to our mailing list here to get 10% off your next order!
$1 from every candle sale goes to Foodbank Australia who provide meals for the most vulnerable members of our community.
Add your own memory to the other label for $5 here
Nikita recipe (Alcoholic)
- 2 slices fresh pineapple
- 2 cups Sumol Ananas (I found this in a few specialty stores in Petersham, Sydney. It is one of my all time favourite soft drinks. It has a creamy almost sherbet like pineapple sweetness and is made on Madeira island!)
- 1 small glass white wine
- 1 small glass Coral beer (Gorgeous light crisp Madeiran beer - the best in the world if you ask me! Could not find Coral in Sydney so used SuperBock instead)
- 6 scoops of the best Vanilla icecream you can get your hands on
- 2 - 3 tablespoons of sugar to taste (I find that if the fresh pineapple is too tart it takes away some of the sourness but this is completely optional)
- Blend the fresh pineapple, Sumol, wine and sugar first. Then blend in the icecream and add the beer last. Garnish with a wedge of fresh pineapple. Photo's show Nikita served in one of our One Scent Wonder candle glasses!
170ml pure of Madeira island chill time - combined with the purest soy wax.
35 - 40 hours burn time
Lead and zinc free cotton wick
Phthalate-free fragrance and essential oils